Translate

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New Jewelry and Ideas

I saw an awesome pair of rustic hoop earrings with what looked like a sea-glass bead dangle. They were hoops where the ends crossed each other and the creator wired the ends and used that to created the loop for the ear wires to dangle from.  I loved them and now I can't find them to share the link and photo! Darn it!  Because I wanted to share where my inspiration for these earrings came from and give credit where due. If I refind them, I'll update this and link to her site!
Anyway, as I said, I really liked what she'd done and tho't I'd see if I could duplicate it and make myself a pair.
Bad idea.  Well, bad in that I'm not great with wire work. GOOD idea in that the following pairs (and ideas) came about from my flubbing of the wire. (snork).  I decided if I couldn't get them go round then I jolly well would make a FISH shape out of them!  And that ended up looking like the Christian fish symbol which made me think of the story in the New Testament of Jesus feeding the 5,000 with a little boy's donated lunch of just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish.
Thus emerged the earrings named Fishes & Loaves.  Here are the earrings:

this is the "large" pair - 3"


the "small" pair ~ 2" (and not as
deeply hammered)

Then I started thinking of other ways I could use the fish and loaves idea.  A lanyard:


...also, a necklace involving some leather and wire-wrapped "loaves", but I haven't drawn that one out, yet. It's still floating about in my head.... Oh, man, sorry about the pun! (no, I'm not!)

Anyway, that's what's up for today (besides the voting-thing... can't have Ruby mad at me... you can't afford it, either, so go vote!)

1 comment: