Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2013

BWAAAHAHAHAAAA!

YES!  I got my saw and saw blades in the mail! The metal in my Craft Room/Studio all tremble in fear!
As advised by the already experienced metal workers in the Bead Soup Cafe on FaceBook I bought an inexpensive jewelers saw (from Amazon, if you're curious... they can find anything!) along with some extra blades since I was promised that, in the learning process (and even after ~snerk~), I would break the blades. With that in mind, I wanted to be prepared (plus, I didn't know if the saw would actually come with blades.... it does!)


First Saw... I'm so proud (sniff)


Extra blades
even have sizes/grades!

Part of me can't wait to get started. Part of me is scared to death!  I love to play and I learn best from hands-on, but I also want it to be right the first time (when is it ever right the 1st time we do something!?) and not waste metal learning. Some of y'all make it seem so easy that I should be able to do it correctly the first time. Right? Right?

Anyway, I also bought some earplugs for when I'm hammering the b'jabbers out of my metals and my ear canals start twitching (which is a really weird feeling!).

Radians 25 pair of disposable
ear plugs
Click on the link, if you'd like some as well.  Anyway, I'm planning to play around (timidly or boldly, I haven't decided, yet) this weekend.  I'll let you know next week what I managed to accomplish.

Besides breaking saw blades.

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with the sawing and don't fret about starting out. When I took my metals class at Purdue our instructor had us draw zig zags on the metal and just follow the pattern. Make sure you keep your fingers from in front of the saw blade or you will cut yourself when the blade breaks - done that a lot. Start off with the 2/0 blades before you use the higher number blades - those are for finer detail sawing and break easier. Make sure you hold the saw losely in your hand, don't have a death grip on the handle or you will cramp up after awhile. Just go with the motion and have fun. Mom finds sawing to be a Zen moment for her.
    HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete