But, even I finally couldn't take it anymore. I picked up the bigger pieces, moved things around to get at the smaller pieces, and swept the lot of them into a large bowl I usually have water in to quench my metal work.
Then it sat there, all forlorn, for two days while I worked up the nerve to finish cleaning without stopping to play. So, here's a few shots of the clean(er) studio:
|The "main" area, table with drawers (you can get them|
at Lowe's!) and you can see the bits & wood support for my
drill along with various boxes for other equipment underneath.
It's actually even cleaner than what's pictured but I doubt it'll last long! (hahHA!)
After finally getting the worst of it cleaned up (yes, there's still somewhat of a mess there), I sat down and began banging on some washers. Those are still in the "Come-Along" process and I will show you when they're ready. I will tell you I'm using more beads from Bill @ ZNetShows.com in the design.
BUT!! Since it's not nice to tease, (usually ~snerk~) I will show you some pics of the earrings I made while my metal was tumbling. I'm still working to refine (and, I hope, expand) my Fishes & Loaves series. Here are the earrings I made this past weekend:
Sorry for the blur on any of the pics. Low light and iPhone cameras don't always cooperate. My next piece will be (I hope!) a bracelet incorporating the fish sign and the beads. Check back, I'll let you know if it worked ;)