Translate

Monday, March 11, 2013

Just a Quick Update

YES!
I played with my Rock Tumbler this weekend, just a little, and am SO happy!  I smashed and hammered on some copper (and, sadly, one fingertip... still attached, though, so it's okay! ~snerk~), drilled some holes, and tossed the copper rounds, along with some copper headpins, into the tumbler with my newly arrived jewelers shot and tumbled it all for two hours.
WOO HOO!  Not a burr or sharp edge in sight! Or fire scale on the headpins. Of course, if you want to keep the rose color on the ends of the headpins, you want to find another way of getting the scale off and work-hardening them, but I am otherwise thrilled.

Oh, yeah, pics later. I was so excited I forgot to take any shots at the time. :\  Don't worry, they're a'comin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment