Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My Inner Pyro Is Happy

There's a reason this blog is called "Crazy Creative." I am curious about, and willing to learn to some extent, any number of things. My latest creative course is Pyrography, a.k.a. wood burning. Yes, I am playing with another heat producing instrument (1st was my mini-torch from Lowe's, then the Heat Gun from Harbor Freight, now this... my Inner Pyro Personality is giggling madly), the Walnut Hollow Creative Versa Tool for burning wood. (see it on Amazon)  I finally got to test it last night, but only two of the four settings.  Here's my practice run on a thin piece of wood I bought at Michael's.
I was playing with both my colored pencils and ALL the heat nibs for the "pen" of my new tool, so it's a bit over-done. Plus, I didn't really have a pattern in mind, I was just winging it, so the "duck" looks more like a "dog"... sort of... ah, well.


Anyway, not too ugly for a 1st attempt.  I'll make further forays, with a pattern next time, and try to keep anyone still out there updated. I know I've been gone for a long while, it's just hard to blog when you have no time to either create OR type! :( 


Stay Creative!

1 comment:

  1. I have seen some fabulous wood burning on the internet done hundreds of years ago. I too want to give it a try! Your off to a great start! I bought a Versa tool at Walmart for around $20... it does some wood burning too and you can also buy wood burning "stamps" too. I bought some at a yard sale... thats as far as I've gotten!

    ReplyDelete