Translate

Monday, January 7, 2013

Missing In Action....

Wow.  So, first of all, sorry to all my readers and followers.  I let Life & Things just get in the way the last couple of months! (whew!)  I'm the choir leader for the Ladies choir in our church, which is no small task when you've only got a background in music but not in choral directing, and we were working on the music (a cantata) we'd be singing for Christmas.  Needless to say, by mid-November I was a HUGE bundle of nerves and clenched toes!  In fact, at one point, I was threatening to begin burying bodies if people either weren't there for cantata Sunday or if their teachers (we have high schoolers in the choir, too) didn't stop keeping them away from practise!  I work out around farmland and vineyards.  It's not that hard to hide them! (I kid!!!)

Well, by the grace of God, we managed to pull of several intensive practises and the ladies ALL did a TERRIFIC job on cantata Sunday. I was so proud of them, the hard work they all put in, the amazing singing they produced, and for putting up with me for the last two months! (*wink*)

However, after all that, I was in something of a fugue.  My creative muse had gone into hiding (afraid, I think, that I might bury her with the other threatened bodies!) and I had no desire to do more that buy beads, never mind create.  Also, however, I got some cool jewelry making toys for Christmas so my muse hasn't deserted me completely.  I received a disc cutter (and I'm eyeballing another that cuts slightly larger to beg for my birthday which is coming up) and a metal stamping set and immediately set about banging, cutting and stamping! (fire was used, as well)  So far, I've made a pair of earrings (which I'll add the pictures of later, I was so excited I forgot to take any!) and four bead caps. WOO HOO! 

I also know I have a blog hop, being hosted by Lori Anderson, for the 12th of this month so I'm going to have to drag that muse back out of hiding and duct tape her to a chair!  Fortunately, I'd already had an idea of what I wanted to do for this hop long before there actually WAS a hop (yes, there's a story, but too long for this post) so I'll have something in time for the hop, I promise, Lori!

NOW! For those worrying and wondering if we're still having a Sci-Fi blog hop this month. Yes! We are! (don't you remember, I've said I'm the Queen of the Procrati Nation miltiple times now)  So, for those of you Sci-Fi Hopping with me, here are some of the rules:

1) Any science fiction category is open (except erotica! sorry, none of that!), book, movie, t.v. show, ect.
2) You need to post a link SOMEwhere to show who/what your inspiration is (if it's a book and you don't have the author's personal web page, link to the book in Amazon.com or whichever bookstore carries that author on-line)
3) You really, really need either a blog or an open FB page (i.e., anyone can visit without being "friended"). If you just can't do that, email me and we'll talk! ;)
4) I've extended the date slightly... the reveal was going to be on my birthday, the 24th, but (since I'm so good at the procrastinating thing) I've set it back to the 31st just to give those who forgot they were wanting to join in the time to make their piece.

So, them's the rules.  Any questions, feel free to email me or leave a comment.  Hopefully, I'll be back on top of things and getting my postings back on track.

Now... were's that Muse hiding....? 0_o*

2 comments:

  1. whew. I was just thinking I'd better pull out of this since I wasn't going to have time to get a piece done, but the extension will help :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you collecting permalinks for participants (oooh, that sounds pleasantly poetic)... Pam? If so I'll email mine to you.

    ReplyDelete